Monday, March 8, 2010

Women - A Timeless Masterpiece

Dear One,

Greetings!

"Why did God make men first and then decided to do create women???"

"Because everyone knows that, first we experiment and then comes perfection." 

Well, don't take offense gentlemen, but let them have their day. Do we ever celebrate "Men's Day"? We just live our hopeless workaholic lives everyday, fretting and fuming about our female bosses. Let them celebrate their womanhood. It's worth it, else imagine the plight of the world without women. For starters, we all would be a bunch of hopeless gay maniacs.

This post, I dedicate to all the women in my life, past, present and future, who have helped me make or break boundaries along with my sanity. I often think, as to why we celebrate a "Woman's Day" in the first place? The reason, I guess is, it's the day when women all over, stand up as one to assert and reclaim their lives and rights from chauvinistic world of men. Kudos!

Women have suffered silently and kept mum for ages, in a world where most men don't even bother to speak eye to eye, lest allow them to express with equal rights. They have rightfully earned this day for a rightful cause. True liberation starts when men and women start respecting each other's differences to living a common life of peace together.

The time for change has come. Men have begun to taste the effects of their own medicine. Equality of women's rights are claiming new grounds. You see all around in all leading sectors of society, it's women who are leading the pack. And what a marvelous job they do handling situations and responsibilities skillfully and with so much ease. I admire their intrinsic maternal quality of leading with an 'Iron hand in a soft glove' methodology. Women over men bosses are preferred these days to maintain work-life balance.

Men are basically very simple, uncomplicated and silly creatures. All they want is good food, good looks, good money and good sex. The rest are negligible factors we most often don't crave for, because we don't know any. Finer emotions are like aliens; we don't encounter them everyday to recognize them. Women on the other hand have a million desires and emotions in their closets, that we men fail to recognize, making us virtual aliens for them. That creates the legendary Mars-Venus divide.

A world without women is plainly unimaginable, as you and I will cease to exist. It's not gravity that keeps us grounded, but it's our women who do the trick. They can take you to unimaginable heights of fantasy and glory and yet they can bring you back to hard reality with a flick of an eye.

I admire women a lot because I am not insecure about my own masculinity. You oppress someone because of your own inability to express in clear terms and then listen to what they have to say. That's been happening throughout the ages. Women have been branded and oppressed because they dared to ask questions, for which we did not have any answers. Hence we snubbed them from asking any further questions by outcasting them active social life. Women's liberation is about the freedom of asking questions and getting the answers. That's why it was called the Dark Ages; where women were not allowed to play an equal part in a man's world, making it completely dark with  ignorance.

My tribute goes to my first teacher, from whom I have learnt the art of living and she is a woman - My Mother. Then my other teachers who gave me the Three R's; to them I am deeply indebted. To all my girl friends without whom I could not have understood the meaning of heartaches and heartbreaks. They made me realize Asprin doesn't work in such cases. To my sister, who is a pain in my ass but an adorable and a bearable one. To all my female friends who listened when I spoke rubbish and laughed it out with me and not on me. Finally to my future mate, who will stand by me thick and thin, in spite of knowing what a piece of timeless junk I can be. Thank you all for being what you are.

And, thank you God for creating such a beautiful masterpiece.

Lastly, another joke -

A woman goes to bed at night irritated at her husband so she decides for once in her life to pray, and this is what she said "God give me tolerance for my husbands stupidity, give me wisdom to understand him, give me forgiveness to forgive him of his ignorance, but please God I beg of thee don’t give me strength cause I’ll kill him!"

What is your prayer?

Happy Woman's Day!

Peace in oneself. Peace in the world.

P.S - I don't mean to demean the race of men, as I too, am one of them. Ladies and gentlemen, let us celebrate our differences and be happy for what we are and not what we can be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment